All you need, About Rattan Furniture
We are located in the center of the famous rattan furniture city of Cirebon, the largest exporter of wooden, handicraft and rattan furniture in Indonesia.
rattan furniture Since colaburation in 2004, Gelar Sinar Alam has been a manufacturer and exporter of rattan furniture and wooden. With higly motivated and skilled staff and craftsmaen, combined with a selected material and well planned production process, we are ready to produce a unique and good quality products to satisfy our customers and buyers. We have been exporting our varietys of rattan furniture and wooden to European and other countries.
Realizing the very competitive market of rattan furniture and wooden, it makes us advanced in a way of providing our quality product to any of our customer. We are not only supplying the products that any other producer can make, but we offer consistent quality, competitive price and the attractive combination of creative artwork, the attractive combination of wood and rattan, banana leaf, water hyacinth or seagrass certainly enhances he aesthetic value of its product.
We present this web site, so you are able to see some of our best products, our new design, and hopefully, should you interested in one or more models/design, feel free to contact us immediately. We will be pleased to help you in any way we can.
Maintenance of your cane furniture is fairly easy. You can just wipe it with a dry cloth to keep it in the best condition. Only use a slightly damp cloth to remove spillages. If your furniture is really dirty you may find it beneficiary to hose it down, but make sure you dry your furniture properly! Check with the manufacturer if this method is suitable for your furniture. The cushions of cane furniture, if used in conservatories, can be susceptible to fading. Turning the cushions regularly and having blinds put up in your conservatory will help slowing down the fading process. Also, make sure that when you buy your conservatory furniture, you will be able to wash or dry-clean the cushion covers. Something else that can occur with any woven furniture is that the seating or the backing can damage. If the seating of your chair is damaged, you can take it to a cane repair shop. It is much cheaper to repair it than to buy a new chair! Just look in the yellow pages under 'cane furniture repair' or 'wicker repair'. Also have a look online as you may find someone there that can do the work for you.
FURNITURE INDOOR CARE TIPS from the American Furniture Manufacturer's Association (AFMA) Furniture plays an important part in our lives and in our homes. That is why it is essential to care for our furniture to ensure its longevity and cleanliness. By using a little common sense, a little patience and some elbow grease, our home furnishings will last several lifetimes. Here are a few basic tips to keep our home furnishings looking their best:
- Because dust can be abrasive, always dust with a soft lint-free cloth that is moistened with polish. Never use soap and water on wood furniture.
- Use the same type of furniture polish consistently, as furniture can appear streaky if oil- and wax-based polishes are mixed.
- Wipe in a circular motion to loosen old polish, and buff until it's dry for a perfect finish.
- A natural bristle paintbrush can be used to dust intricate designs in wood.
- Vacuum upholstery (and rotate cushions) once weekly to avoid fabric problems. You also can use the round brush attachment to clean wood furniture.
- Always follow the manufacturer's care instructions. Keep them handy for future reference.
- Avoid exposing wood furniture and upholstery to continuous direct sunlight to avoid fading and other damage.
- Protect your wood furniture from humidity by using an air conditioner in the summer and a humidifier in winter. Place furniture at least 12 inches away from temperature extremes such as heaters and air conditioners.
- Use coasters, pads and other protection against spills and other stains.
- Gently lift, open and close doors, lids and drawers.
- Do not allow cats and dogs on furniture, as they can be extremely abrasive to furnishings.
* Everyday Use
- Sit only on structures designed for that purpose.
- Check with the manufacturer whether your cane furniture is suitable for use in the garden as well. This way you will get double usage out of it.
- Cover your furniture when not in use, whether it's outside in the garden or in the conservatory.
- Choose a pattern for your cushions you know you can live with for a good number of years.
- If you have a smaller conservatory, choose furniture that is compact with cushions in neutral colours. It will make your conservatory look more spacious.
- Check with the manufacturer whether you can remove the cushion covers for (dry) cleaning.
- To reduce fading of your conservatory furniture and also to reduce heat in your conservatory, consider putting up sunblinds. That way you can enjoy your conservatory all year long without having to worry about fading of your furniture cushions.
- See your conservatory as an extension to your room or kitchen. Use colours that blend in with the rest of your colour scheme.
- Make sure that your conservatory cane furniture and its cushions are fire retardant. Just check with the manufacturer.